Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP)
REAP was established as a part of the Ronald W. Reagan National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2005. It is a Department of Defense education benefit program designed to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency (contingency operation) as declared by the President or Congress. This program makes certain reservists who were activated for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001 either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits.
Select from the options below:
- Start Chapter 1607 benefits at Cuesta College, never used them before.
- Start Chapter 1607 benefits at Cuesta College, have used them at another school.
- Continue Chapter 1607 benefits at Cuesta College but changed major/program of study.
Continuing Students Steps to Complete Every Term
- Register in myCuesta for classes on your SEP.
Only classes related to your educational goal are eligible for certification.
- If you are passing all your certified classes with a grade of "C" or better, complete the Veteran's Request for Certification and submit to the Veterans Resource Center.
- If you are not passing one of your certified classes, make an appointment to get certified. Call (805) 546-3142.