Official transcripts from all other institutions must be submitted prior to enrollment to satisfy course prerequisites, financial aid eligibility, Student Education Plans, GE Certifications, and degree and certificate evaluations at Cuesta College. 

Transcripts submitted prior to 1998 were not archived and will need to be resubmitted. Any additional coursework since submissions will need to be resubmitted.

Any foreign credentials must be independently evaluated and the official independent evaluation submitted to Cuesta College. Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc (CEI) is the preferred provider, and a comprehensive evaluation is required.

Official transcripts from high school, college, or university are accepted: 

  • Electronically to the Records Office:

Official transcripts, authenticated and delivered (not by email attachment) by the other institution directly to Cuesta College.

Note:  USPS regular or priority mail recommended.  FedEx, DHL or UPS express mail goes to Cuesta shipping, not directly to Records Office which delays delivery.

  • By US mail in original sealed school envelope containing official transcript to: 

Cuesta College Records Office
PO Box 8106
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106

Transcripts should be submitted ahead of registration, in time for academic advising and prerequisite clearance. Final official transcripts, showing all coursework and grades received, must be received before GE certifications and degree and certificate evaluations may be completed. Transcripts are evaluated based on the AACRAO guidelines for regionally-accredited postsecondary institutions. 

For transcripts submitted via US mail, allow 15 business days to be processed by the Cuesta College Records Office; Electronic transcripts will be processed within 5 business days.  Students will not be able to view transcripts from other schools via myCuesta.

Transcripts submitted to Cuesta College become the property of Cuesta College and will not be released to students, other colleges, or agencies. Plan to request a personal copy from your former college or university if you need one for your records.

FAQs - answers to frequently asked questions