Cuesta College is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), 10 Commercial Boulevard, Suite 204, Novato, California, 94949, an accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the United States Department of Education.
Member institutions participate in a cycle of self-evaluation and peer review to provide assurance of a quality education, to promote effectiveness and continuous quality improvement, and to maintain the quality of higher education in the United States. Additional information about accreditation, including filing complaints against member institutions, is available at accjc.org.
The regular accreditation cycle occurs in six-year increments. Cuesta College’s next comprehensive accreditation review is scheduled for 2020.
Current Accreditation Cycle
Year 6: 2019-2020
Year 5: 2018-2019
Year 4: 2017-2018
Year 3: 2016-2017
- Submitted Follow-up Report of Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness October 2016 (PDF)
- Accreditation Steering Committee developed the Regular Mid-term Report
Year 2: 2015-2016
- Accreditation Steering Committee developed the Follow-up Report of Educational Quality and Institutional Effectiveness
Year 1: 2014-2015
- Submitted Self-evaluation Report June 2014 (PDF)
- Regular Comprehensive Visit Fall 2014
- ACCJC Action: Accreditation Reaffirmed with a Follow-up Report required by October 2016 to address one recommendation (PDF)