Early Childhood Education
DEGREES, CERTIFICATES & AWARDS
A.S.-T, Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Education Program course work is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing as meeting the requirements for the California Child Development Permit.
Students completing the ECE AA or AS-T degrees are immediately eligible for the Child Development Permit at the Teacher level. The Early Childhood Education curriculum prepares students to work with children from infancy into middle childhood in a variety of learning environments.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE and CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
An Associate Degree , depending on the focus of study, is designed to prepare students for transfer into upper division course work in a bachelor’s degree program, or, to prepare students to enter the workforce in a particular vocational field. To qualify for an Associate’s Degree, a student must:
(1) complete each major-specific course required for the degree with at least a “C” grade or better,
(2) complete all Cuesta College general education, graduation and residency requirements,
(3) achieve an overall grade point average of 2.0 for all courses attempted (major, general education, elective), and
(4) submit an Associate’s Degree Application to Admissions and Records.
A Certificate Program is designed for students who desire specific training to meet an immediate occupational or personal goal, or for promotion or lateral transfer within their existing field of employment. To qualify for a Certificate of Achievement or a Certificate of Specialization, a student must:
1) complete all courses required for the Certificate with an overall grade point average of 2.0,
2) earn at least 12 units in residency at Cuesta and
3) submit a Certificate Application to Admissions and Records.
|Adoption Counselor||Elementary School Teacher|
|Before and After School Teacher/Director||Infant Day Care Teacher/Director|
|Child Care Teacher/Director||Parent Education Instructor|
|Child Life Specialist||Pediatric Psychologist|
|Community College Instructor||Preschool Teacher/Administrator|
|Counselor – Career||Resource and Referral Coordinator|
|Counselor – Community||Social Worker|
|Counselor – Marriage/Family/Child|
|Counselor – School|
|A.A. - Associate in Arts||C.A. - Certificate of Achievement|
|A.S. - Associate in Science||C.S. - Certificate of Specialization|
|A.A.-T. - Associate in Arts for Transfer||C.C. - Certificate of Completion (Non Credit)|
|A.S.-T. - Associate in Science for Transfer|