Citizens' Oversight Committee
On March 4, 2015, the Cuesta College Board of Trustees appointed the following 10 individuals to serve on the Citizens’ Oversight Committee (COC):
Pamela Avila, business representative
Mark Johnson, taxpayer organization representative
|Daniel Cadwell, student representative||
Scott Lathrop, at-large representative
|Gayla Chapman, at-large representative||
Patrick O’Hara, at-large representative
|Susan Dressler, senior citizens group representative||
Anneka Scranton, support organization representative
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the COC will:
- Inform the public concerning the District's expenditure of Measure L bond proceeds;
- Review expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Measure L bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in Measure L; and
- Present to the Board in public session, an annual written report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of Measure L bond proceeds.
- All appointments will be made by the Board from applications submitted to the District.
The committee will consist of at least seven members:
- One student enrolled and active in a community college support group, such as student government.
- One member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District.
- One member active in a senior citizens' organization.
- One member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association.
- One member active in a support organization for the college, such as a foundation.
- Two members of the community at-large.
The initial appointments are staggered, such that some of the initial appointees have been appointed to serve one full two-year term. The other initial appointments serve a one-year term, but will be eligible for reappointment by the Board for a second and third two-year term.
If you are interested in filling out a COC application, it will be kept on file for future review.
Download the Oversight Committee Application (Word doc)