"Academic Senate" means an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters. Local Academic Senates are established by and derive their authority primarily from the California Code of Regulations, Title V. Section 53200 charges the local Academic Senate with making recommendations to the Board of Trustees on policy development and implementation in the following "10+1" Academic and Professional Matters:
1.Curriculum including establishing prerequisites.
2. Degree and certificate requirements.
3. Grading policies.
4. Educational program development.
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
6. College governance structures as related to faculty roles.
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities.
9. Processes for program review.
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.